The Frank Phillips Foundation, Inc. was founded in 1937 by oilman Frank Phillips and his wife Jane Phillips. In 1944, Frank and Jane Phillips donated all of their personal ownership of Woolaroc (grounds, facilities, animals, collections and art) to the Foundation.
At that time it was determined that the primary purpose of the Foundation was to assure the operation and the preservation of Woolaroc.
The Foundation, a 501(c)(3) operating foundation, is headed by a Board of Trustees. Members of the Board are:
- Robert M. Kane, Chairman
- William O. Johnstone, Vice Chairman
- Stephen S. Adams
- Rand Berney
- F. Ford Drummond
- J. Scott DuCharme
- John Hale
- Mark Headley
- Robert S. Hughes II
- David Kedy
- Merl Lindstrom
- David L Sigmon
Bob Fraser serves as CEO of the Frank Phillips Foundation and is the operating officer of Woolaroc Museum and Wildlife Preserve.
The mission of Frank Phillips when he built Woolaroc in 1925 was to (1) preserve the history of the West, (2) educate and (3) entertain. Today, the Foundation and the employees of Woolaroc, still follow that Mission.